Thursday, March 6, 2014

Welcome!

Hello Everyone!

    Welcome to my first ever blog post! I am very excited about this new endeavor I am undertaking and hope that it will be inspiring to parents, teachers, and students alike.


     This blog is inspired by many factors: first, I wanted a place to keep track of the ideas that I learn from the professional magazines in which I subscribe, graduate classes I take, and workshops I attend.  I feel thankful to have these educational opportunities but have binders filled with random paperwork and no place to put it!  Pinterest also does not help this "hoarding" situation with my over 2,000 pins! Using a blog as my own personal virtual filing cabinet will allow me to access these ideas quickly and efficiently.


     On top of my love to learn, I am also an avid reader that feels a need to tell everyone who will listen about the latest book I have read.  A blog could be a place to share the latest and greatest (or classic) favorite that students and adults together could enjoy.  Even though Goodreads enables me to rate and review text, a blog would allow me to reach a larger audience and those who are not my "friends".


     Finally, when putting all of these ideas together, I thought that others in the education field, people who do not have the means or time to subscribe to professional magazines or attend workshops, or those who deal with children would appreciate a location such as this to feel encouraged and enlightened about the profession.  It is my hope that everyone can feel as passionate about these tools as I do.


     If you have ideas of your own, can suggest a blog to follow, or have a thought to contribute, please comment.  I would love to hear from you and learn how to make this better!


     Looking forward to this motivating, "novel" adventure!


Erica :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you babe, you are going to do great with this blog! I know when you set your mind to something you always accomplish it. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Erica! Consider me a committed follower :)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete