Thursday, March 5, 2015

Free Teacher App

Hello!

 (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-heinemann-teacher-tip/id898201475?mt=8)


     I found a great new teacher app that is free and easy to use!  It's called "The Heinemann Teacher Tip" from the Heinemann publishing company.  It is available on the app store or on their website.  Every school day, the app delivers an update to your phone regarding a quick tip that can be used in the classroom.  They take about two minutes to read or there is a short video to watch.  The tips come from renowned experts or researchers in education (such as Lucy Calklins or Nancie Atwell) and are really excellent!  You can also look through past tips to find additional information or to review an idea that you read a few days back.

(http://heinemann.com/blog/now-available-heinemann-teacher-tip-app)


     I really loved the tip that I received on March 4.  It involved using KWL organizers in math class.  For math, this organizer would be called a KWC.  It suggested that when solving number stories with your students, have them decide and write down What do I know for sure?, What am I trying to find out or figure out? and What are the special conditions I need to look out for?  This simple tip would help my second graders to pull out important information when reading a long winded and daunting word problem with lots of components.  They have difficulty focusing on what the question is asking and this organizer would help my students to analyze what they are reading in order to solve the problem.

     Definitely check out this free app on your phone or tablet's app store in order to get a quick teacher tips sent to your phone!  When you download it, let me know your thoughts!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment